• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Korean fried chicken

Greg Ling

Anyone have any idea how well these travel when packed to go?

They traveled pretty well to Bensalem. Only problem was keeping my hands put of the box while driving---- Very hard to do when it tastes like that.

By the time I arrived home I had a half of a box left. LOL

It was boxed to prevent sogginess.

I haven't tried to take them out, and they might still be OK, but given that part of the appeal is the texture, I can't imagine they could be quite as good if they were in an enclosed box, steaming themselves.

But perhaps Saluki has found the solution - just eat most of them on the ride home!

"Philadelphia’s premier soup dumpling blogger" - Foobooz

philadining.com

I have brought them from the NY places and had them cold next day. Still bangin'

Has anyone tried the place across the street? The place is named "Sports Bar" and I hear the bird is better there.

Edited by Greg Ling (log)

"..French Vanilla, Butter Pecan, Chocolate Deluxe, even Caramel sundaes is getting touched.." Ice Cream

I have brought them from the NY places and had them cold next day. Still bangin'

Has anyone tried the place across the street? The place is named "Sports Bar" and I hear the bird is better there.

It is really hard to imagine Chicken better than Soho's.

While I was awaiting take out I noticed several orders being packed to go ahead of mine.

They were really careful about it so, I guess they are used to take out

I don't know if I'm imagining but there seemed to be venting in the box.

I would call ahead for a takeout order as this process seems to be a little labor intensive, so I don't know how many orders they could handle without getting backed up.

If you are right about Sports Bar; Cheltenham Avenue just may be the best kept secret in the city for Fried Chicken.

I learned recently that Sports Bar is the same chicken as Soho, they just walk it across the street. I'm actually surprised to hear that Soho was open. About a week ago we tried to go but there was a big sign that the building was condemned and they sent us across the street.

We've gotten the wings as take-out several times and they survive our short ride amazingly well. I've even had them a couple hours later and they are remarkably crispy. I really want to know how they do that.