• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Italian in Kirkland or Redmond WA

Forgive me if this question has been answered in another thread but I'm trying to remember/find the name of an Italian restaurant I ate at 6 years ago in either Kirkland or Redmond WA. It is set in a very small strip mall toward one end facing the street. The Chef used to be the personal chef to the Prince of Monaco (I think). I had the most flavorful Buffalo Tenderloin there and the host of the dinner ordered many wines from their HUGE wine selection.

I once saw the website for this place but I can't for the life of me remember the name of the place. Anyone know this place? It's supposed to be highly rated.

TIA,

Bob

My Photography: Bob Worthington Photography

My music: Coronado Big Band

Daves, thanks. That's really a shame. When I visited in 1999 everything about it was perfect. Most everyone in the party had the salmon but I had the buffalo tenderloin. It is to this day the best I've ever had. I'm bummed now. I wonder where that chef went to.

Thanks for the posts.

My Photography: Bob Worthington Photography

My music: Coronado Big Band

We were regulars before the sale. And we were always there NYE with a large party. One year, after another restaurant flaked on us and 'lost' our reservations, Il Bacio stepped up late in the afternoon on NYE and added a table for our small party. Every since, we always started the evening with a great dinner there.

We were very bummed with the sale and subsequent changes. I think I summed up our last NYE encounter as "scary bad". If I wrote it up, it would have to be posted under the "Bad Service -- when does it cross the line?" thread in the general board.

• 2 weeks later...

update to the thread:

Tosoni's is definitely still open and still great. I was there last week for my birthday. The winterfest plate (pork, sausage, and some rouladen this time) was excellent. Walter also had some game on the menu, so this might have been the place to have buffalo...

I drove by Il Bacio late last week, and I noticed that the space was gutted and looked to be converting into some type of child play area/store. Their lighted sign was still up but no other signs of a restaurant.