• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Fine dining in Greensboro, NC

foodiehall

I've lunched at Laddie and Dukes and it's not bad--certainly a step above Ham's in any case.

Thanks for the tips on Saffron, we'll have to figure out whether to try that or return to the Thai place on our next visit (or maybe do one for lunch and one for dinner!)

• 4 months later...

Hello all. I spend a good amount of time in Winston-Salem, but have yet to dine in Greensboro. I have the opportunity to pick a restaurant in Greensboro for a casual business lunch on Monday so I'd love your recommendations. My colleague is a pickier eater than me so anything too exotic is out. No sushi and Thai isn't my favorite.

Hello all.  I spend a good amount of time in Winston-Salem, but have yet to dine in Greensboro.  I have the opportunity to pick a restaurant in Greensboro for a casual business lunch on Monday so I'd love your recommendations.  My colleague is a pickier eater than me so anything too exotic is out.  No sushi and Thai isn't my favorite.

Scroll back up to the top of this thread and you will find some good recommendations that will fit your bill.

Also, the restaurant in the recently opened Proximity Hotel is terrific.

Do you have an area of town you want to be close too?

The people I'm meeting with work at 102 Jamz on National Service Road.

Sorry if I am too late. I suggest the Guilford College area, only a few mile away at Friendly and Guilford College. Taneria? el Azteca is some of the best authenitic mexican in town, casual. Sweet Basil's is new and cool focusing on local and organic, and Revival Grill is solid for new American and meat cooked well.

Nate

Hi Jenny!

There's a very new moderate to high-end Italian restaurant called "Porticello at the Palms" at Westridge and Battleground (US-220N) (well, it's really on a side street off Westridge one block/light southwest of the Westridge/Battleground intersection ) sort of behind Village Tavern and Kohls.

I ate there for the first time last weekend and the food and the service were both excellent.

They serve both lunch and dinner and I'm sure your colleague will find lots to try.

Give it a go.

- TT

http://www.newsandrecord.com/apps/pbcs.dll...STAFF/801020306

EDIT: OOPS! Lunch is served TUESDAY through Friday - Sorry - TT

Hello all.  I spend a good amount of time in Winston-Salem, but have yet to dine in Greensboro.  I have the opportunity to pick a restaurant in Greensboro for a casual business lunch on Monday so I'd love your recommendations.  My colleague is a pickier eater than me so anything too exotic is out.  No sushi and Thai isn't my favorite.

Edited by TGTyson (log)
Tom Tyson

Do you have an area of town you want to be close too?

The people I'm meeting with work at 102 Jamz on National Service Road.

Sorry if I am too late. I suggest the Guilford College area, only a few mile away at Friendly and Guilford College. Taneria? el Azteca is some of the best authenitic mexican in town, casual. Sweet Basil's is new and cool focusing on local and organic, and Revival Grill is solid for new American and meat cooked well.

Nate

Unfortunately, the Revival is no longer open for lunch. Taqueria al Azteca is excellent, if you stick with the real mexican specialties, and stay away from the chimichangas they've felt necessary to put on the menu. I haven't been to Sweet Basil's yet, but one of my students works there and says it's very good and I plan to check it out soon. Phoenix Asian Cuisine is also not too far away, and I think it's very good.

hope that's helpful!

Anne