• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Tried the Fireplace?

AR1960

Im new to the board so I'm sure it's been mentioned but I haven't seen it listed in Hollyeats, I'm refering to "The Fireplace" in Paramus NJ. Fantastic menu of Texas wieners, try them with onions and Texas sauce. Great fries, try them with onions and texas sauce too!!! Taylor pork sandwich on a hard roll!! Wonderful Onion Rings, Shakes and Ice cream. I have no financial interest in the place, just sitting here in Orlando Florida home of mediocre food at its worst!!! Wishing for a bite of juicy Texas dog all the way and fries with gravy!!! Have one for me and enjoy!

The food is OK. Lots of better places in Bergen County. It is always crowded and has decent dogs, burgers,&

chicken. I've never tried their pizza. It's a good place to go with kids, picnic table style. You don't have to worry

about them making a mess.

Life is too important to be taken seriously.[br]Oscar Wilde

I grew up right near this place, and although they're known for their burgers, i never understood what the fuss was all about, i thought they were just "ok". I much more prefered the burgers at the DQ/Brazier on Rte 4 (now closed), which i eventually ended up working at for about a year when i was in High School. The fact that i worked there AND still ate the food from there should count for something!

If you're in the area and looking for The Fireplace type atmosphere (which i would describe as "Take-out that you can Eat-In") i would suggest my ritual whenever i'm visiting the area....

La Bella Roma Pizzeria in Paramus on Farview Ave just south of Century Road. Bypass their pizza (which is decent in it's own right, but not awesome or chow-worthy) and order a "Chicken Parm Hero".

They make the best chicken parm sandwich i've ever had, and is the sandwich that i compare all others to. I've never realized how long i've been eating them until i started typing this, but i've been chowing down on them at this "local institution" for 15+ years!

My next trip to the area is going to include a stop at Fink's Funky Chicken and Ribs based upon what i've been reading on this board.

after reading rachel and thereuare's comments, i have to say that their hamburgers are similar to the burgers you may have eaten in high school. "cafeteria burgers", as i say. i wouldn't go there for burgers. your backyard or stove has better burgers. mrs. tommy tells me about their fried chicken, but when she loved that chicken, she was in high school, stoned, drunk, and looking for love. and then she married me. there ya go. :unsure:

bring your kids there for lunch. don't travel more than 10 minutes otherwise.