• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Masterchef

Richard_D

Of course they would do better next time because they might have some insight into what the two clowns want.

Or maybe not. Last night Gregg criticised the use of pak choi in a dish as he said it released a lot of water and washed away the flavour of the duck, then applauded its inclusion in another contestants dish because it washed away the richness of a sauce. Make your bleeding mind up.

I only caught yesterday's programme. Thought they sounded a bit Trinny and Suzannah when they were having their "analysis" chats. No kid appeal in our house, loyalty to Gordon remains... the Simpsons won hands down.

It's still being watched in our house (despite the fact it could be the cause of me needing a new telly) because we have to guess at the beginning of the programme, which of the two presenters is allowed to do the 'thoughtful nod' or 'look of surprise' when the professional chef announces who they would allow to work in their kitchen.

For the first two series Greg Wallace had a monopoly on the 'thoughtful nod' but it seems John Torode is now allowed to do it, and to make things interesting they take random turns.

Maybe I need to get a life..... :wacko:

I only caught yesterday's programme.  Thought they sounded a bit Trinny and Suzannah when they were having their "analysis" chats.  No kid appeal in our house, loyalty to Gordon remains... the Simpsons won hands down.

maybe Greg and John should get their kit off at strategic moments a la Gordon - could add to the appeal? or do a show with Trinny and Susannah where everyone gets their kit off - which one would Greg pull? or would he rather have a pudding?

"maybe Greg and John should get their kit off at strategic moments a la Gordon - could add to the appeal? or do a show with Trinny and Susannah where everyone gets their kit off - which one would Greg pull? or would he rather have a pudding?"

for a brief moment i thought you meant he'd be pulling his pudding :huh:

"maybe Greg and John should get their kit off at strategic moments a la Gordon - could add to the appeal? or do a show with Trinny and Susannah where everyone gets their kit off - which one would Greg pull? or would he rather have a pudding?"

for a brief moment i thought you meant he'd be pulling his pudding :huh:

given a choice of Trinny, Susannah and (theoretically) John, that might not be a bad shout

• 3 years later...
  • 1 year later...