• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Havana Club Anejo Reserva - 1.14L Bottle

KOK

Last night a friend brought me a bottle of Havana Club Anejo Reserva they got in Montreal. I was surprised to see it was 1.14 liter bottle. Is this common in other countries? I've seen 750 ml and liter bottles, but never this size.

Is 1.14 liters a certain or approximate amount (as a fifth [1/5th of a gallon] is approximately 750ml +/-). I saw on-line today a Monteal store also has Bailey's Irish Creme in 1.14 liter bottles.

Thanks for any input.

Kevin

DarkSide Member #005-03-07-06

Its common for the rest of the world.

Thanks Jason. I should have been more clear in wanting to know if 1.14 liters represented some significant volume, or is it just an arbitrarily arrived at amount? Why not 1.25 liters which would sort of make sense?

Thanks again,

Kevin

DarkSide Member #005-03-07-06