• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Bars & Breakfast in Chicago

Mussina

i've only lived here a couple of months, but hot chocolate serves a great casual brunch and great hot chocolate w/homemade marshmallows. sweets and savories was incredible the one time i went there for brunch as well (though i walked in 20 minutes after they opened last sunday and they couldn't take us, so I would reserve ahead of time).

as far as bars i was very impressed with the violet hour in wicker park- the first bar i've been to in a very long time where the fact that all of the bartenders took great pride in their drinks was very clearly evident.

Sandy Levine
The Oakland Art Novelty Company

sandy@TheOaklandFerndale.com www.TheOaklandFerndale.com

www.facebook.com/ArtNoveltyCompany twitter: @theoakland

It's been a couple of years since I've been there but the Bongo Room in Wicker Park was probably the best breakfast I've ever had.  The pancakes were unbelievably good.

Last month I ate at their new location at Roosevelt and Wabash and I loved them. They had blueberry pancakes topped with almond panna cotta cream. Yum!

I also liked the fact that you could order one or two pancakes instead of a full order of three, making it easier to try more than one item on their menu.

Edited by nsxtasy (log)