• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Where should I go for my birthday?

I am looking for a place to have a Sunday lunch/birthday. About 10 people will be attending. I am looking for something casual (very good sandwiches/burgers or pizza would be great. I live in Wallingford but some people are coming from Edmonds and Kenmore so I would like to split the difference. Any ideas?

"Homer, he's out of control. He gave me a bad review. So my friend put a horse head on the bed. He ate the head and gave it a bad review! True Story." Luigi, The Simpsons

Grinders in Shoreline is closed on Sundays, so how about T&T Seafood in Edmonds? No dim sum, no pizza, no sandwiches...

Or around the corner from T&T at BCD Tofu House, farther north is L&L Hawaiian BBQ. How casual are we talking? There's a really good taco truck near Ranch 99.

Rocky

It's this coming Sunday. Despite lousy parking, I am leaning towards Pazzo's on Eastlake or Esperanza near Golden Gardens.

Grinders in Shoreline is closed on Sundays (how lame is that?) and I think Daniel's on Lake Union might be too pricey for some of my friends.

"Homer, he's out of control. He gave me a bad review. So my friend put a horse head on the bed. He ate the head and gave it a bad review! True Story." Luigi, The Simpsons

Thanks. I've decide on Pazzo's because it is my favorite place for pizza in Seattle, I wanted to try La Vita e Bella but they don't open until 5pm and I wanted to try Grinders in Shoreline but they aren't open on Sundays. Tutta Bella is right next door, but I have been disappointed with my last two visits.