• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Lunch with who?

eJulia

I think I'd like a long, slow, multi-course dinner with Escoffier and Ron Popeil. Imagine the conversation. It'd rule. I think I'd want some Thai or Indian food for that one. Escoffier fiddled around with canning and suchlike I think, innovating thing. I would expect Popeil to show Escoffier that "Hair in a spraycan" thing he's got, to cover up bald spots -- I can visualize Escoffier declaring Popeil a genius over that one.

And then a late night snack with Ingrid Newkirk and Hitler. Just some peanuts and celery sticks, I expect -- and we'd get stoned and watch Iron Chef together, and they could explain that vegetarianism thing to me.

Like jsolomon I would choose Thomas Jefferson and Julia Child. But since their invitations are already in the mail I'd love to invite Napoleon and Paula Wolfert.

If only Jack Nicholson could have narrated my dinner, it would have been perfect.

My dream is actually a bit more involved. I'd like my favorite boyfriend and my mom to go marketing together and then come home and MAKE lunch with me. :wub: #1 boy has been waiting around for over 20 years, but, sadly, we met just after Mommy's passing. :sad: Still, he's the best of the bunch, and he and Mommy would have been great close buddies, especially in the kitchen.

More Than Salt

Visit Our Cape Coop Blog

Cure Cutaneous Lymphoma

Join the DarkSide---------------------------> DarkSide Member #006-03-09-06

Hmmmm, Nigella would be a charming companion, I am sure: I think I would have the most fun with her and Anthony Bourdain (both clothed). However, I would also love Margaret Visser, Alice Waters, Ruth Reichl, and for non food types, throw Sarah Vowel and Jon Stewart in there.

I know, its more than two, but I can't help it. My fantasties are running away with me.

Edited by annanstee (log)

The sea was angry that day my friends... like an old man trying to send back soup in a deli.

George Costanza