• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Ways to help

bavila

In a couple of other threads, Mayhaw Man has pointed us to the SFA's efforts to help rebuild some of New Orleans' great culinary institutions. I thought it might be a good idea to consolidate lists of volunteer opportunities.

As a Tulane alum, I was just notified of Outreach New Orleans 2006, taking place this Saturday, January 21.

If you know of ways to help, especially ways that will impact the culinary world, list it here.

Edited by bavila (log)

Bridget Avila

My Blog

Although outside the culinary world, my wife and a friend started the Katrina Krewe, they hit the boulevards on Wednesday and Saturday mornings with rakes and garbage bags. It started small and is snowballing quite nicley. They have been getting nearly 100 volunteers each outing. Its amazing what that many people can do in a brief period of time. They had a nice write up in the paper today and their website is at www.cleanno.org

The article is at http://www.nola.com/news/t-p/metro/index.s...40761310670.xml

Sorry to be so feabile at inserting links.

Charlie

Edited by saturnbar (log)

I just spent the day doing demo at Willie Mae's Scotch House. I'm sore and tired, but man it feels good to help out. There is still a need for volunteers.

Having John Besh cater lunch was a nice bonus. He even came back by in the afternoon to bring us coffee and king cake.

Todd A. Price aka "TAPrice"

Homepage and writings; A Frolic of My Own (personal blog)

I just spent the day doing demo at Willie Mae's Scotch House. I'm sore and tired, but man it feels good to help out. There is still a need for volunteers.

Having John Besh cater lunch was a nice bonus. He even came back by in the afternoon to bring us coffee and king cake.

JB is tha MAN!!!

Gorganzola, Provolone, Don't even get me started on this microphone.---MCA Beastie Boys

JB is tha MAN!!!

To be fair, the spread John Folse provided the next day was also damn good. The man himself didn't appear, but his catering company certainly took care of us.

Todd A. Price aka "TAPrice"

Homepage and writings; A Frolic of My Own (personal blog)

JB is tha MAN!!!

To be fair, the spread John Folse provided the next day was also damn good. The man himself didn't appear, but his catering company certainly took care of us.

Im coming to help the weekend of the 10th. I will be more than happy to recieve food from anyone willing to cook it.

Gorganzola, Provolone, Don't even get me started on this microphone.---MCA Beastie Boys