• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Fresh rice stick noodles?

The Blissful Glutton

What are you making with it? If it's for a soup noodle, you can add it as it is. For stir-fries, run your fingers through the noodles to separate them, add more oil and make a quick job of the frying, or it'll stick together.

Edited by Tepee (log)

TPcal!

Food Pix (plus others)

Please take pictures of all the food you get to try (and if you can, the food at the next tables)............................Dejah

What are you making with it? If it's for a soup noodle, you can add it as it is. For stir-fries, run your fingers through the noodles to separate them, add more oil and make a quick job of the frying, or it'll stick together.

I am making lemongrass beef with herbed noodle salad....I just need to know how long to cook them. Asian home-cooking always screws me up...

Edited by The Blissful Glutton (log)

I am making lemongrass beef with herbed noodle salad....I just need to know how long to cook them. Asian home-cooking always screws me up...

You know, "how long" is a difficult thing. Depending on the brand, the thickness of your noodle, etc., cooking time will vary. What we usually do at home is to taste the noodle periodically until you get the texture you desire. Since it's fresh noodles, it should not take more than a few minutes. I would say give it a taste after a minute or so to test it.

fresh rice noodle are already cooked - the only thing is, if they have become a little stale, heating them does freshen them up. you should be able to tell how they are. the best is not to refrigerate them and use them immediately. failing that, freshen by either using the microwave, hot water, or if you are frying them, by frying!