• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Zaya opinions

kbuzbee

What are your opinions of Zaya rum??

Zaya Rum

I'm by no means a Rum drinker (99% Bourbon) but as an ocasional digression, it's good. I found this to be very sweet with a nice dark complex flavor. Kinda like a premixed cocktail.

Your thoughts??

Ken

Very intersting. I cannot tell from the Fact/Sell sheets if the "virgin honey" is sugar cane juice/syrup or molasses.

I'll have to be on the lookout for it, I don't ever recall seeing it. Do you mind if I ask what the bottle cost? I didn't see a MSRP in the info.

Thanks,

Kevin

DarkSide Member #005-03-07-06

I've only tried Zaya once, within the past year, and remember it being very smooth to drink and sweet, but not overly complex or spicy. Kind of like Ron Zacapa with less depth. Depending on the price I'd definitely keep some on hand, and actually I do remember the friend who shared it with me saying "sometimes this is just easier to find than the Zacapa".

Jerry

Kansas City, Mo.

Unsaved Loved Ones

My eG Food Blog- 2011

Very intersting.  I cannot tell from the Fact/Sell sheets if the "virgin honey" is sugar cane juice/syrup or molasses.

I'll have to be on the lookout for it, I don't ever recall seeing it. Do you mind if I ask what the bottle cost?  I didn't see a MSRP in the info.

Thanks,

Kevin

Seems like it was around $38..... Haven't found much here in the rum catagory I'd say was interesting. Always on the lookout though.

Ken