• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Best Chicago style pizza in Phoenix area?

Hi. Will be visiting Phoenix and am craving something we don't get in Vancouver. I know this sounds like a strange request for the home of Southwest cuisine. But do you know of any wonderful Chicago stuffed pizza in the Phoenix area?

Thanks from up North! :wink:

The best idea is to order from Chicago directly, here is a link to order from Gino's East and Eduardo's of Chicago. The pizza is delivered next day air, I am not sure if they deliver to Canada.

http://featuredfoods.com/cgi-local/SoftCar...E+scstore+ginos

http://featuredfoods.com/cgi-local/SoftCar...2aff+1137567707

I am originally from Chicago and I can not say there is anything comparable to the real thing.

Molto E

Eliot Wexler aka "Molto E"

MoltoE@restaurantnoca.com

It would be nice if they did.  But unfortunately they would probably spoil in customs.   :sad:

Alas no Chicago pizza on this trip I suppose....

Thanks, anyway! 

Cheers!

Hey, Vancouver, I have a suggestion that I hope is not off-base for you. Have you tried Pizzeria Uno? it is a franchise but we have enjoyed their "Chicago-style" pizza. We think it is pretty good for a franchise and we were happy to see it come around to our area in NY.

There is an Uno Chicago Grill at:

455 N. 3rd St. #L154,

Phoenix, Az. 85004.

Tel. no: 602-253-3355.

It may be worth a try if you do not have one of these in Vancouver and there is nothing that is more authentic in Phoenix. I have personally found the quality of pizzas to be very good. I love the thick crust individual pizza with tomatoes (original Italian), sausage and anchovies. Some of the other dishes are also good, like the Mandarin orange chicken salad.

Edited by rlr222 (log)

Vancouver,

There are a couple of Nello's locations, call and ask where Eric is working and he can make a "Chicago style" tomato sauce to go on the pizza. He usually is in old Scottsdale or on Shea. I would go to Nello's over the other suggestion.

Molto E

Eliot Wexler aka "Molto E"

MoltoE@restaurantnoca.com