• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Catered Brunch

judsg

I used to work for Kevin Opici currently at Kevin's Thyme in HoHoKus bergen county.....201 445 6400

Formerly the chef at Above the Salt in Franklin Lakes

I personally think his food is great and he has party planning people available also

tracey

The great thing about barbeque is that when you get hungry 3 hours later....you can lick your fingers

Maxine

Avoid cutting yourself while slicing vegetables by getting someone else to hold them while you chop away.

"It is the government's fault, they've eaten everything."

My Webpage

garden state motorcyle association

Call Mark Gagnon at OME Caterers...973-560-4540; their food, staff, service, creativity and presentation are WONDERFUL!

"I'm not eating it...my tongue is just looking at it!" --My then-3.5 year-old niece, who was NOT eating a piece of gum

"Wow--this is a fancy restaurant! They keep bringing us more water and we didn't even ask for it!" --My 5.75 year-old niece, about Bread Bar

"He's jumped the flounder, as you might say."

My friend, Sherry Pincus, is a Montclair-based chef/caterer and her food is extraordinary. Contact me offline & i'll be happy to give you her info. Her hors d'oeuvre are amazing - i buy her veggie eggrolls and mushroom phyllo triangles and serve them for special dinners; people are just blown away. She has a terrific palate and is a real professional.

We are planning an informal catered brunch at home for 40-50 people for a 60th Birthday Party in North Jersey (Essex-Morris). Any suggestions for a caterer?

Rustic Food Custom Catering is a full service custom caterer located in Upper Montclair and Clifton. Information about our company and our full menu can be viewed on our website: www.rusticfood.com. We can be contacted via the website or by phone, 973.783.0596. We'll be happy to prepare a custom menu & catering proposal for your event - thanks - Elaine

Elaine Rust

Executive Chef/Owner

Rustic Food Custom Catering

I couldn't agree more, David!

"I'm not eating it...my tongue is just looking at it!" --My then-3.5 year-old niece, who was NOT eating a piece of gum

"Wow--this is a fancy restaurant! They keep bringing us more water and we didn't even ask for it!" --My 5.75 year-old niece, about Bread Bar

"He's jumped the flounder, as you might say."

Hey--I'm fine with this. It's not that much different than non-caterers giving their recommendations. And look at all the names and addresses we have at our disposal.

RS, somewhat surprised by your repsonse. I think there is a huge difference between you giving a recommendation and the caterer coming on and making a pitch for business. I'd like to pitch everyone on egullet to come to my store and buy carpet but that wouldn't be permitted. Same applies here. We only know about the caterers by what other egulleteers say about them, having a caterer post his information in an effort to get business is an advertisement, plain and simple. You want to advertise, pay to advertise. Everyone in business says they are the best, its the opinions of other posters that make a difference, at least to me.

Boy am I cranky today. :laugh: