• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

4 Nights in South Beach, What am I Eating?

iharrison

It's been several years since my last visit to South Beach but I'm headed back this Jan 25-29. Where should I absolutely eat and where should I absolutely not eat?

Also, if anyone has any way for me to scam a sweet deal on a room at the Delano, Shore Club or like hotels, please feel free. I'd be indebted.

Gracias.

i am going to sb also.....i have checked everywhere and found no deals...hotel prices are crazy

It's been several years since my last visit to South Beach but I'm headed back this Jan 25-29. Where should I absolutely eat and where should I absolutely not eat?

Also, if anyone has any way for me to scam a sweet deal on a room at the Delano, Shore Club or like hotels, please feel free. I'd be indebted.

Gracias.

try quikbook for hotels.. usually good prices..

was in SoBe this weekend, don't understand why one would want to stay at the Delano or Shore Club.. we walked into the Delano every night without a line, need to show a room key, or anything.. shore club is open to the public, with the exception of the pool area, which was packed.. understand that some like the scene more than I, but it bordered on the insane in these places and i can't imagine coming home to it every night..

we had a great meal in the restaurant in the Raleigh Hotel.. solid food, well prepared, little attitude.. great fish and grilled meat.. nice back garden to eat in, not the epicenter of the scene though..

Gracias.

I highly recommend Talulah off Collins on 23rd St. The couple who own it serve straight-ahead food, not a wrong note, and a pretty decent wine list, too. I would try to stay away from hotel restaurants which are pretty much all flash-you will be disappointed, and you will drop a LOT of cash.

Recs-Madiba for So African food, Sheba in the Design District for Ethiopian, and Casa Toscana on Biscayne Boulevard and 70th St for homemade and reasonable Italian. Also, Le Bon, on Lincoln Rd for great moules frites and incredible Belgian beers. Great spot to 'people-watch'. As for hotels, try the Albion off Lincoln Rd-nothing fancy, but you may find a deal. You will be here during the season, so deals are a little hard to come by.

Prime 112 has some seriously good steakhouse fare. It is kind of a scene but the food is worth it.The truffled creamed corn is amazing.

Il Molino from New York is opening an outpost...it may be open by now but you'd have to call.