• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Banquet

coalex

We need to start planning our holiday 2006 party and wanted any feedback on interesting options out there (be it restos, hall rentals, caterers etc.). Every year we seem to be getting bigger and bigger. Year one we rented out Area, then we had space at Cafe Melies, from there we moved to the Hotel Nelligan and this past year we had it at Cube 2 (Hotel St Paul). I am afraid that this year we need to plan for about 120 for a sit down dinner. I dread going to any of those banquet halls in the east end. Any ideas would be very appreciated.

Thanks for the suggestion. I did contact them today and unfortunately, the can not accomodate a part of our size (we need 110 to 120 for a seated dinner).

Any other great suggestions out there? I dread going to a boring hotel......

Quoting a reply I made to a similar query on another board:

Too bad about the size. Several interesting downtown rooms (e.g. the Café des Beaux Arts, Ferreira) hold only 60 or 70.

The most glorious space downtown is the art deco dining room on the 9th floor of the former Eaton building (now the Ailes de la mode), a virtual recreation of the oceanliner Ile de France's dining room. I have no idea if it can be rented out for occasions such as yours or, if it can, what it would cost.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Montreal_Eato...loor_restaurant

While it's a bit out of the way and they may not be willing to reserve the place for an entire evening ever, let alone during the holidays, you might give Au Petit Extra a call; they certainly have seat ing for 120. (They used to rent out the next-door cabaret, Le Lion d'Or, for dinner receptions, though their spiffy new website makes it look like it's set up more for presentations and shows these days.) Am unsure how many seats Laloux has but it's pretty spacious and might be worth a shot.

try Da Pizza a Nizza-next to Latini.

I am not sure of there seating but perhaps they may be able to hold this many persons at once as they have 2 floors.I have never had a problem with the food as I think there is alot of effort at this restaurant.

phone number BTW,is 861-7076,