• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Big Cheap Simple Glasses

scott123

I'm a big guy and I like big beverages. When I go shopping for glasses, I usually end up buying flower vases. Seriously. 32 oz. is about the ideal size for me.

I've scoured walmart, target, ikea, bed bath and beyond, crate & barrel, supermarkets, dollar stores- all to no avail.

I've been calling florists. They might be able to special order me something but it would be in the $10 realm. Ideally I'd like to spend less than $5 per glass.

I like simple. Cylindrical/straight up and down. The last glasses I had were 6" tall and with a 3" diameter.

A 1000ml beaker without much of a flare would be great. Finding a local laboratory supplier that sells retail in small quantities has proven to be tricky, though.

Anyone else like big glasses? And, if so, where do you buy them?

What about these from Ikea? They're actually pretty big and indestructible. I don't care for them, but my husband loves them. I think they come in different sizes too because I'm almost certain that the ones that we have hold more than 12 oz.

I think I still have all my boardwalk/carnival prize giant glasses packed away somewhere :biggrin:

tracey

The great thing about barbeque is that when you get hungry 3 hours later....you can lick your fingers

Maxine

Avoid cutting yourself while slicing vegetables by getting someone else to hold them while you chop away.

"It is the government's fault, they've eaten everything."

My Webpage

garden state motorcyle association

We got some really big tumblers at Fortunoff in Wayne that are nearly indestructable, but it was like 10 years ago. Generally speaking though, when it comes to glassware and kitchenware, Fortunoff is an excellent store to go to.

Jason Perlow, Co-Founder eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters

Foodies who Review South Florida (Facebook) | offthebroiler.com - Food Blog (archived) | View my food photos on Instagram

Twittter: @jperlow | Mastodon @jperlow@journa.host

The answer is Mueller's on Central Ave in Newark, Jason!

Mueller's Wholesale Florist

156 Central Ave

Newark, NJ 07103

(973) 621-7555

No web site--they're old school.

:biggrin:

"I'm not eating it...my tongue is just looking at it!" --My then-3.5 year-old niece, who was NOT eating a piece of gum

"Wow--this is a fancy restaurant! They keep bringing us more water and we didn't even ask for it!" --My 5.75 year-old niece, about Bread Bar

"He's jumped the flounder, as you might say."

7-11 big gulps are big glasses if you don't necessarily want class or glass (or both) :-) hope that helps! Big hearty glasses and you can refill em with the lids etc! I drink TONS of water every day... I drink so much if it was alcohol I'd be dead in less than a week of cirrhosis! (grin)

Stacey C-Anonymouze@aol.com

*Censorship ends in logical completeness when nobody is allowed to read any books except the books that nobody reads!-G. B. SHAW

JUST say NO... to CENSORSHIP*!

Also member of LinkedIn, Erexchange and DonRockwell.