• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

'Newbie' to Rum

sadistick

Yah, Pina Coladas were a huge failure...

Couldnt find Coconut Cream, so I used Coconut Milk...Couldnt find fresh pinapple juice, so I used pinapple chunks...

Tasted awfull!

At least I had a bit of this El Dorado rum afterward, that kinda made up for it

Bill, I've tried the Flor de Cana 7 y/o and the 12 y/o but didn't care much for either one of them.

Sadistick, too bad about your Pina Coladas. Try again! If you can possibly get your hands on a bottle of Ron Zacapa Centenario 23 y/o, then try it. We here in Florida can buy it for about $40 a bottle. Here's a website where you can learn more about it: http://www.ronzacapacentenario.com/

By the way, is it legal for someone to mail rum from the U.S. to Canada? If so then I'd be glad to send you a bottle Sadistick, for the cost of the rum and shipping.

Just wondering if I should use this for Pina Coladas tonight, or some regular old Bacardi...

Um... Don't waste good rum on drinks! Good rums are meant to be drunk neat.

Hear, hear! (For mixers, use Appleton Gold, Mount Gay, or another General Market rum. Indeed, don't use Premium and Ltd. Edition rum for mixing.)

• 3 weeks later...

I do all the time, just use more Rum than Coke. :biggrin:

I also like to drink a GOOD RUM neat, to go along with my Rum and Coke. :biggrin:

-------------------------------------Freedom is Not Free-----------------------------------------

----------------------- Blues Bruthas & Sistahs Stealth Society (BBSSS) -----------------------

Love my S2K, Just Point & GO, But watch out for Da BEARS and keep her rubber side down!

If a tree falls in the forest and no one is around to hear it, does it still make a noise ?????

Join the DarkSide---------------------------> DarkSide Founder and Member #001-03-06-06

Bill, I've tried the Flor de Cana 7 y/o and the 12 y/o but didn't care much for either one of them.

Sadistick, too bad about your Pina Coladas. Try again! If you can possibly get your hands on a bottle of Ron Zacapa Centenario 23 y/o, then try it. We here in Florida can buy it for about $40 a bottle. Here's a website where you can learn more about it: http://www.ronzacapacentenario.com/

By the way, is it legal for someone to mail rum from the U.S. to Canada? If so then I'd be glad to send you a bottle Sadistick, for the cost of the rum and shipping.

Hey Luna!

I have no idea if it is legal, I dont see why not, thanks very much for the offer, if you can get an approx idea how much it would be to send it to Toronto, Ontario that would be fantastic.

Cheers

I have no idea if it is legal, I dont see why not, thanks very much for the offer

Dude, of course it's not legal! YOU LIVE IN CANADA! (Actually, it's probably not even legal to mail it from one state to another). 'Cause the tax man always needs his cut of the booze action.

If you really want it, the LCBO may be able to order it for you. Or try Buffalo.

Edited by Jeffy Boy (log)
I know a man who gave up smoking, drinking, sex, and rich food. He was healthy right up to the day he killed himself. - Johnny Carson