• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

4th of July in NJ

Rosie

Rosie, even though this is a NJ forum, I'm afraid I'll be spending the day in NY. Dinner at Esca at 6:30, then on to the fireworks on the East River, then cocktails and sushi at BlueFin.

I'll probably stay home this year. I'd normally go to the Grucci fireworks display in Red Bank, but nobody goes there anymore. It's much too crowded... :hmmm:

=Mark

Give a man a fish, he eats for a Day.

Teach a man to fish, he eats for Life.

Teach a man to sell fish, he eats Steak

There is a similar thread in the cooking forum, but I thought this was better suited here.

Order some sushi platters.

King Sushi inside Han Ah Reum in Hackensack (by Rt 46 circle) or Little Ferry. I have a business card for the one in Little Ferry:

201-814-0400 - Sushi Corner phone

201-814-1426 - fax

206 Bergen Turnpike, Little Ferry 07643

"Phone orders are welcome"

Sashimi Deluxe: $60 (7-8 people), $50 (5-6), $40 (4-6), $30 (3-4)

Sushi: $50 (7-8), $30 (4-5)

I only have the card for the Little Ferry store, but the one in Hackensack, behind Value City had a bigger sushi corner, if that matters.

I've never ordered a platter from them, but their sushi to go area is very good and the pictures of their platters looked good.

Taking the seastreak ferry (from south amboy) to see the NY fireworks, it anchors near Manhattan. Allowed to bring food on board. Don't have to deal with the NY crowds and get one of the best views for the fireworks show. Never done it before. Hope its fun.

"Who made you the reigning deity on what is an interesting thread and what is not? " - TheBoatMan

Taking the seastreak ferry (from south amboy) to see the NY fireworks, it anchors near Manhattan.  Allowed to bring food on board.  Don't have to deal with the NY crowds and get one of the best views for the fireworks show.  Never done it before.  Hope its fun.

My parents organized a group and did that trip last year. They had a great time.

I'm sure you will enjoy it, the mooring location was exceptional, and the ship's height provided an unobstructed view over the forest of smaller boats.

Apparently it's easier still to dictate the conversation and in effect, kill the conversation.

rancho gordo