• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Kiwi Pie Company

SBonner

Just to let you all know that I dropped by the Kiwi Pie Company on Robson Street today and they mentioned they are closing on the 20th of this month. I personally will be stocking up on some of their frozen pies this week...they make great snacks after a night of wine tasting :biggrin:

Cheers,

Stephen

"who needs a wine list when you can get pissed on dessert" Gordon Ramsey Kitchen Nightmares 2005

MY BLOG

yup, i work next door and will be very sad when they close their doors.

we were so happy when they opened as there are not that many good lunch places nearby that is not an arm and a leg. not to mention, that they are very good neighbours!

i too will be stocking up on the frozen pies and sausage rolls.

also, the kingsway location is closing on the 13th. :sad:

Quentina

.....and another sushi joint is taking it's place in the robson location. i'll be crossing my fingers in hopes that it is decent sushi. :unsure:

i'll be stocking up on some butter chicken pie, chicken and ham hock pie, and some steak and dark ale pie this week.

Edited by makanmakan (log)

Quentina

apparently, the kingsway location is not busy with sales (i think they're only open a few days a week due to that), but that location is where they have a permit that allows them to make the pies.

the robson location, however, is very busy with sales, but doesn't have the appropriate permit to make the pies. even though one location has high sales, it can't keep both afloat.

Quentina