• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Les alchimistes aux fourneaux

nanobatsu

Hello,

I'm from Montreal (canada), i organize the workshop in "Gastronomy and Science " with guest Chef around the world. A friend of me from Montpellier tell me that Arte TV realized a documentary about Pierre Gagnaire, Ferran Adria and Heston Blumenthal in december 2005 (three parts). But it's impossible for Arte to sell to me a copy.

I would like to know if a person here seen the documentary and maybe have a copy ?

Thanks and sorry for my english,

Revolutionary Minds Project

(Gastronomy, Science and Cuisine)

Montreal (Canada)

Contact their press department, explain your project, and ask for a copy for free...

Anti-alcoholics are unfortunates in the grip of water, that terrible poison, so corrosive that out of all substances it has been chosen for washing and scouring, and a drop of water added to a clear liquid like Absinthe, muddles it." ALFRED JARRY

blog

No. He asked arte to sell him a copy. I have been able, on numerous occasions, to purchase "not for sale" recordings of TV shows for VIP clients of mine, with a little persuasion, for their own interest and side projects. Any time I've asked to BUY the tape, it was always denied.

Anti-alcoholics are unfortunates in the grip of water, that terrible poison, so corrosive that out of all substances it has been chosen for washing and scouring, and a drop of water added to a clear liquid like Absinthe, muddles it." ALFRED JARRY

blog

No. He asked arte to sell him a copy. I have been able, on numerous occasions, to purchase "not for sale" recordings of TV shows for VIP clients of mine, with a little persuasion, for their own interest and side projects. Any time I've asked to BUY the tape, it was always denied.

Nanobatsu, did you explain your project to them? Perhaps you didn't speak to the right person. Another person to approach might be one of the chefs involved so that their staff could possibly request a copy on your behalf. Was this something you planned to show at the workshop? This could also pose certain permissions problems, especially if you are charging a fee for participation. When it comes to these things you have to be persistent. Good luck!

Apparently he's already done this, and got a 'no' from Arte.  Did anyone see the series?  It was three shows in December starting on the 13th.  I was all tied up with stuff here and didn't get to see it.  I'd love to hear comments on it on this thread.  :rolleyes:

Click for Website

Can anyone address the source of this unique visual series?? It sounds unique and eminently desirable. Any input will be helpful. Judith Gebhart

This is the second time the series is passing. I contacted Arte the last time and they said that they could not sell the documentary but a week before it was aired this time, I got an e-mail from them telling me that the series would be aired on Mon, Tues and wednesday.

I have taped the three documentaries and they are passing around in my friend circle now. :smile:

bague

• 2 weeks later...
This is the second time the series is passing. I contacted Arte the last time and they said that they could not sell the documentary but a week before it was aired this time, I got an e-mail from them telling me that the series would be aired on Mon, Tues and wednesday.

I have taped the three documentaries and they are passing around in my friend circle now. :smile:

bague

Thanks for your answers and i sorry for the time. I have contact several people Arte, El Bulli, Fat Duck, Productions company, Arte, my friends in France. But Bague 25, your my savior!!! Tell me your price !!! ??? :smile: If possible send me a email. For me, it's important beacause i organize in 2006 3 workshop about "Gastronomy and Science".

Thanks again,

Revolutionary Minds Project

(Gastronomy, Science and Cuisine)

Montreal (Canada)