• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Need an early dinner near Galleries lafayette

ellenesk

I am only in for one day, on a layover. Will be taking advantage of the sales at Galleries Lafeyette, and need to grab an early dinner( 6:30pm) prior to ny return to CDG. Everything seems to open at seven. I would love a great barsserie.

Any suggestions for something that opens early?

I am only in for one day, on a layover.  Will be taking advantage of the sales at Galleries Lafeyette, and need to grab an early dinner( 6:30pm) prior to ny return to CDG.  Everything seems to open at seven.  I would love a great barsserie.

Any suggestions for something that opens early?

Are you taking the Roissybus from Opera or the RER from the Gare du Nord? If the former, there are the Garnier + Mollard at 111 and 115 Rue St Lazare respectively; if the latter, the Terminus Nord (across the street) is ideal. I don't know opening times tho but you should be able to Google them.

John Talbott

blog John Talbott's Paris

Someone posed a very similar question here a couple of months ago. (Can't locate the thread).

The problem is that the "Non-stop" (That's what the French call it!) type places are mostly forgettable and very touristy. 7-7:30 are the typical earliest opening times of any decent restaurant in Paris.

I did suggest on the other thread, that you might go to the branch of Brasserie Flo at Charles de Gaulle; It won't be spectacular, but certainly better and more authentic than any "non-stop". It is located in Terminal 2F, near Door A.

There is also a Brasserie Flo in Printemps, just 2 blocks from Galeries Lafayette (and may also be a part of your shopping) but they CLOSE at 7:30. If, as John suggested above, you wil be near Gare du Nord, Terminus Nord is also in the Brasserie Flo group, and serves all day. But I would opt for the CDG option, you won't have to look at your watch while eating dinner s much.

You could also, of course, decide to stay overnight and catch a morning flight-- then you would have the full choice of hundreds of great restaurants-- :smile:

Edited by menton1 (log)

Café de la Paix at Intercontinental le Grand Hotel on Place de l'Opera is open all day, and only a short walk from Galleries Lafayette.

It has a beautiful brasserie interior, but is more expensive than most brasseries. The food, while well prepared, is traditional rather than adventurous.

Edited by Newburg (log)

• 2 weeks later...

It's 9/10'ths atmosphere, but what atmosphere!! Chartier is about a 10 minute walk away. Classic brasserie fare, very cheap ,and beautiful decor. A real cross cultural experience. though the food is serviceable, pot au feu, choucroute garnie, dont go expecting culinary fireworks.

Or you could try Senderens in the Place de la Madeleine - also quite near. Not sure if it's open all day though... perhaps not... but worth asking maybe? I haven't been there yet so I probably shouldn't be recommending it, but I've heard good reports from people I've met who have.