• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Maremma Restaurants: Reviews & Recommendations

RRainey

...or better yet have a second meal at La Pineta (which I'm quite sure you'll want to do because there is so much to try on the menu).

Thank you, this is a bright idea. As I hate reservations, I usually show up at a place, wave my hands, declare my faith to the eternal values of human kind: olives, wine, and bread, and ask for something to eat. Will this work in "La Pineta" or do I need to reserve? Thanks again.

The eight times we've been there, the place has been totally full and a number of times Luciano has just turned away people showing up with no reservation.

[...and a number of times Luciano has just turned away people showing up with no reservation.

Message received loud and clear. "Prenotare, caro amico, prenotare!!!"

athinaeos

civilization is an everyday affair

the situation is hopeless, but not very serious

• 2 weeks later...