• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Oahu recommendations

michaeldauphinais

Aloha,

My wife and I will be visiting Oahu next week, and would love some recommendations for great food - not necessarily sit-down, formal dining. We've enjoyed amazing out-of-the way places on other vacations, and we're wondering about kick-butt seafood/sushi that isn't necessarily 4-star. For instance, one of the best seafood experiences we've ever had was at the Barking Crab in Boston - I think we sat at picnic tables and had a near-religious experience.

Suggestions? Thank you! :cool:

In vino veritas.

The recommendation from Tess to check Reid's site is excellent. Here are a few places to consider as well.

Mitch's Sushi Bar is located in an industrial park near the Airport. Reservations are essential as the place is tiny but they are open from late morning until evening. I find that mid-afternoon is a good time to stop by. Bring your own beer. Mitch's Review.

South Shore Grill on Monsarrat is bargin dining at its best. South Shore Grill Review.

A round up of places worth considering. I especially recommend Bac Nam for Vietnamese. Food 2005.

"Eat it up, wear it out, make it do or do without." TMJ Jr. R.I.P.