• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Hospital Food--not as bad as I thought...

zora

I just had my gallbladder out during a stay at the quite luxurious Matilda Hospital in Hong Kong (thank goodness for insurance else I might have been stuck in China!). Admittedly, it is a high-end private place, but the food was great! I couldn't eat much but my husband took care of anything I ordered. The Singapore fried noodles were particularly amazing - I recommend them heartily to anyone there!

<a href='http://www.longfengwines.com' target='_blank'>Wine Tasting in the Big Beige of Beijing</a>

I have to say, in Jan. of 1989, I had my first child by C-section at Fairview hospital in Cleveland, Oh, and when I had recovered enough to eat, the food was outstanding.

I was fed like a hog on the way to the market. Every morning started with milk, fresh fruit, cereal, toast, butter, scrambled eggs, and a danish.

lunch was stuff like homemade cheese potates with ham, salads with lettuce, cukes, tomato, carrots, cheese, etc.

at three, they came around with homebaked cookies the size of wagon wheels.

my last dinner was beef roast, mashed potatos and gravy. green beans with almonds, a salad of cukes in sour cream, a lovely hard roll with butter, and an apple dumpling the size of my fist.

Ten years later, I had my son at another hospital. the food was microwave Stouffers and nothing as good, :shock:

---------------------------------------