• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Pastry confessions?

Teri Everitt

edited to add: I'm Syrian, we have lots of rose water scented confections, I hate them all, and I refuse to make them! They stink up your hands forever! Give me carnations, please.

I converted to Hinduism and when my temple has functions, I steer clear of anything with rose! But just a few months ago, a pastry chef friend of mine let me try some of her fusion desserts and the rose was AWESOME. I am making rose paste shortbread cookies as we speak (taking a break from the oven). I can't wait to see how they turn out.

---

As for what I make that I don't like to eat... hmmm.... most of my vegan desserts! LOL! I'm veg (but I eat dairy) so I'll take butter and cream over margarine and soymilk any day!

As for what I make that I don't like to eat... hmmm.... most of my vegan desserts!  LOL!  I'm veg (but I eat dairy) so I'll take butter and cream over margarine and soymilk any day!

LCS..............I agree with you about butter and cream, but do you have any really good vegan dessert recipes? I don't want to eat that stuff, but I happen to have a mad crush on a guy who is vegan, and it wouldn't hurt to have a couple of recipes that might get me some, umm, appreciation :biggrin:

If only I'd worn looser pants....