• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Indigo Moon

glenn

TGA great experience all around - food, service, atmosphere, reasonable prices and the company.

We spent a hassle free half hour before even looking at the menu drinking wine, munching on the delicious country bread and catching up on old times with our dinner mates. The atmosphere was very relaxing and the noise level was minimal -- it rightfully bills itself as a country French eatery. The waitress was knowledgeable and enthusiastic and was able to answer very speciific questions. Service was exceptional throughout. I was tempted to order for an appetizer the large crabcake appetizer, but the figs with brushetta (a special) seemed more adventurous and reminded me of the Gramercy Tavern (??). It was truly different and wonderful. I also chose the special for the main course, halibut. Seared to perfection and served with mashed potatoes to die for and green beans. Presentation was wonderful. Flourless chocolate cake for dessert. A truly wonderful experience at very reasonable prices.

That sounds like a wonderful meal, Glenn. Is Indigo Moon a BYO?

Atlantic Highlands is a very interesting town (pleasure boaters, lovely older homes, some obvious wealth), so I certainly hope this place is able to succeed.

Apparently it's easier still to dictate the conversation and in effect, kill the conversation.

rancho gordo

Yes, it's byo. And yep, it's a gorgeous area. Our friends live in Middletown and we got the grand tour. I've been looking to move out of JC and am now adding that area to the list of possibilities. There's a ferry nearby to the city, a major consideration.

Not to mention Memphis Pig Out, My favorite waitress works there! (She's also an elementary school teacher, real estate agent and was recently elected to the Atlantic Highlands Town Council)

But alas, Bistro Zeeto has closed... :sad:

=Mark

Give a man a fish, he eats for a Day.

Teach a man to fish, he eats for Life.

Teach a man to sell fish, he eats Steak

My parents now live in AH, which gets us down there ocasionally, and to the neighboring town of Highlands. I believe Atlantic Highlands, Highlands, Rumson, and Middletown are each separate municipalities, although there may be some overlap in the school districts.

The ferry service departs from both AH and Highlands, and costs are comparable with the train when adjusted for time saved.

PaulaJ - Indigo Moon is on the main street which leads to the municipal yacht basin, about two blocks in from the water. If you follow the ferry signs, you pass it on the right. It's just past the Memphis Pig-Out, which is on the left as you head to the water.

Apparently it's easier still to dictate the conversation and in effect, kill the conversation.

rancho gordo

Not to mention Memphis Pig Out, My favorite waitress works there! (She's also an elementary school teacher, real estate agent and was recently elected to the Atlantic Highlands Town Council)

Wait a sec. -- is she kinda heavy set and also works in a wine store in Red Bank?

Wait a sec. -- is she kinda heavy set and also works in a wine store in Red Bank?

Ummm, quite the opposite.

favewait.jpg

And' I'll not reveal where the tattoo's are... :shock:

=Mark

I do have to add, in deferance to the thread that Indigo moon is very good. A non pretentious purveyor of classic French Bistro fare, unlike every other new restaurant opening now that claim to be bistros but are in reality just hopped up Applebees. I'd include IM on a level with Joe & Maggies in Long Branch.

=Mark