• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Non-Asian Restaurants in Richmond?

eugene

:angry: Richmond's population has been steadily growing and yet the lack of choice for gwailo food still amazes me. I don’t feel like going to Vancouver every time I want to have a steak frites. Does anybody have any idea where to get good non-Asian food in Richmond, excluding chain restaurants? HELP!

"Since when do you have to be hungry to eat?"

Give a man a fish and you’ll feed him for a day. Teach a man how to fish andhe’ll open up his own place right across the street from yours, steal your sous-chef, talk shit about you, haggle with suppliers, undercut your prices, kiss critics’ ass, steal your clients and you’ll eventually curse the day you taught him how to fish.

There are none.

I became a much more content person when I became happy for what I did have and stopped obsessing about what I didn't. Living in Richmond gives you access to the greatest concentration of pan-asian cusines anywhere in the western hemisphere. Reognize that fact as being central for your decision to chose Richmond as home. No other community in the city can offer that.

Salade des Fruites is fourteen minutes down Granville from my West Richmond front door. How is that too far for steak frites?

And anyone that mentions any of the dismal options in Steveston should be banned.

perhaps there is an opportunity to open your own joint :biggrin:

Is that a subtle hint you are willing to invest :raz: ? Then SURE!

Give a man a fish and you’ll feed him for a day. Teach a man how to fish andhe’ll open up his own place right across the street from yours, steal your sous-chef, talk shit about you, haggle with suppliers, undercut your prices, kiss critics’ ass, steal your clients and you’ll eventually curse the day you taught him how to fish.

Has anyone heard of the Santa Fe Cafe in Richmond? Seemingly the chef is HK trained but spent time in San Franciso. I've herad they have a good wine list, steaks, and foie gras. Could be an option if true?

Cheers,

Stephen Bonner

"who needs a wine list when you can get pissed on dessert" Gordon Ramsey Kitchen Nightmares 2005

MY BLOG

Has anyone heard of the Santa Fe Cafe in Richmond? Seemingly the chef is HK trained but spent time in San Franciso. I've herad they have a good wine list, steaks, and foie gras. Could be an option if true?

Cheers,

Stephen Bonner

Santa Fe Bar & Grill

6091 No.3 Road, Richmond

God bless Google.

I will try it tonight and report back! Stay tuned. Same bat time, same bat channel. :biggrin: