• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Pizza Delivery, West Orange Area?

Carpetbagger

So we thought we were all set on pizza delivery w discovered Gencarelli's after moving to the Gregory section of West Orange. Unfortunately, Gencarelli's has now moved. After posting to the West Orange Watercooler, the general consensus was Essex Green pizza which we ordered last night. The verdict? Not so good. The crust was too thick and bready.

Does anyone know of any other pizzerias in the South Orange, West Orange area that deliver?

By the way, we also love Los Tapatios, great food, cheap, and a very friendly, family-run atmosphere. I picture a grandmother in the back with a big bowl of lard handmaking the tortillas they use in their tacos.

"Nothing is so dangerous as being too modern; one is apt to grow old fashioned quite suddenly."

--Oscar Wilde

Johnny's (downtown on Main St)

Angelo St Cloud (Northfield Ave, near Micky-D's, I think they deliver)

And of course, Pizza Hut and Dominos....

Pizza Masters on Northfield Ave.

If Rosie didn't mean Master Pizza, (on Northfield, just over the border in Livingston), then you can try there, too.

Where is this West Orange Watercooler?

Some local pizza delivery places:

Johnny's Pizzeria (Main St, WO)

Angelos St Cloud Pizza (Northfield Ave @ St Cloud Avenue, WO)

Master Pizza, (Northfield Ave, Livingston, right near Old Short Hills Rd. )

There 's always Papa Johns, Pizza Hut, or Dominos

I'd keep an eye peeled for those Coupon envelopes we get in the mail (ValPak, SuperCoupons) , as well as those coupon/ad filled magazines that seem to come every few weeks.

SueWho321 - West Orange resident since 1999, and still getting used to the restaurants in the area.

Also I'd try roadrunners delivery they serve the west orange area and when my grandmother is snowed in I call them... they have about 20 restaurants they serve and I second Rosie's suggestion of the place next to Investors bank on Northfield where it "T"'s with ?short hills road? the street that runs in front of St Barnabas hospital. I personally like star lite pizza on pleasant valley way and rt 10? they may deliver too but I'm unsure. Goodluck! Let me know if you know of any restaurant delivery that is "elderly" friendly for her. (no hard foods -lol!-) :biggrin:

Stacey C-Anonymouze@aol.com

*Censorship ends in logical completeness when nobody is allowed to read any books except the books that nobody reads!-G. B. SHAW

JUST say NO... to CENSORSHIP*!

Also member of LinkedIn, Erexchange and DonRockwell.

Also I'd try roadrunners delivery they serve the west orange area and when my grandmother is snowed in I call them... they have about 20 restaurants they serve

I'd also agree with RoadRunner... and you can get your grandmother a gift certificate from them, so she can order for herself.

http://www.roadrunnerdelivers.net/

By typing in the West Orange zip code, I get 38 restaurants that RR will deliver from.

Where is this West Orange Watercooler?

Some local pizza delivery places:

Johnny's Pizzeria (Main St, WO)

Angelos St Cloud Pizza (Northfield Ave @ St Cloud Avenue, WO)

Master Pizza, (Northfield Ave, Livingston, right near Old Short Hills Rd. )

There 's always Papa Johns, Pizza Hut, or Dominos

I'd  keep an eye peeled for those Coupon envelopes we get in the mail (ValPak, SuperCoupons) , as well as those coupon/ad filled magazines that seem to come every few weeks.

SueWho321 - West Orange resident since 1999, and still getting used to the restaurants in the area.

Sue Who,

The West Orange Watercooler is a yahoo group. Link is below.

http://groups.yahoo.com/group/WestOrangeWatercooler/

"Nothing is so dangerous as being too modern; one is apt to grow old fashioned quite suddenly."

--Oscar Wilde