• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Indian Ocean

Suvir Saran

Indian Ocean one of a handful of rock groups from India is playing at Nirvana tonight.

They are playing to raise funds and awareness for the gross tragedy in Gujarat.

Sir Ian Holm (Bilbo Baggins-Lord of The Ring and Napolean-Emperors New Clothes) as well as others will be present in support of the cause and to enjoy the restaurant fare.

The group will perform from 5:30 PM until 7:30 PM.

The restaurant does I believe takes reservations. If you are interested in hearing some Indian inspired music and also support in bringing relief to the families of victims and those displaced in that communal tragedy, please feel free to come.

I am sorry to post this so late. If anyone wants to enjoy good views and music and some Bengali fare please feel free to visit Nirvana.

If you want to help with the relief efforts, you can ask me privately and I can send you details about where to go offering funds or other help.

For an article related to the tragedy, you can click below.

Gujarat - Arundhati Roy

The Nirvana Cocktail is a lovely Mango-Champagne cocktail that is perfect in the summer. The parathas stuffed with spinach and cheese are my favorite this time of the year with some Raita. They stuff them nicely at Nirvana. A thick layer of stuffing unlike at many Indian restaurants. The Beef kababs and tikka are nice and moist while being subtly flavored.

Suvir - I want to know you aren't responding to the questions being asked of you by certain people in the "Poll" thread Including myself?) The questions are all valid and legitimate, and your avoiding them is making a bad situation worse. Would you be kind enough to address them please.