• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Florida Citrus Vendors

Jason Perlow

I'm looking for primo quality grapefruits and oranges of all kinds at reasonable prices... who has 'em and can ship?

Jason Perlow, Co-Founder eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters

Foodies who Review South Florida (Facebook) | offthebroiler.com - Food Blog (archived) | View my food photos on Instagram

Twittter: @jperlow | Mastodon @jperlow@journa.host

I use LaRoche, but their web site isn't working for some reason! :angry: They are right here in the Daytona area. I go into their store and I have also shipped to family up north using their catalog. For what it's worth, their number is (386)253-1817, but it really sucks that I can't find them online for you. I love their honeybells in January.

Pell's Citrus and Nursery is another place where I shop. I know they ship, but I'm not sure about their prices for shipping. It was another web site that wouldn't act right. What's up with this? I guess it's Volusia County, Florida for you -- not too sophisticated in anything, including technology.

Maybe someone who lives south of here/around Indian River can suggest someone local to them who ships top quality fruit at a reasonable price. Meanwhile, I'll keep looking and check our phone book.

Hale Groves has a good reputation and they ship. I drive by there occasionally, but have never stopped. Their web site seems to be functioning at this time.

Life is short; eat the cheese course first.

Jason, my grandparents have been sending us honeybells and grapefruits from Cushman's in West Palm Beach for as long as I can remember - they're very good, always arrive fresh and undamaged, and make the best fresh-squeezed OJ on the planet.

"We had dry martinis; great wing-shaped glasses of perfumed fire, tangy as the early morning air." - Elaine Dundy, The Dud Avocado

Queenie Takes Manhattan

eG Foodblogs: 2006 - 2007

• 2 weeks later...

We just received our Honeybells shipped to us from Arant's Citrus in Stuart. For phone number, pm me. I don't know if I can post it here.

It is good to be a BBQ Judge.  And now it is even gooder to be a Steak Cookoff Association Judge.  Life just got even better.  Woo Hoo!!!

I just got my Imperial Red grapefruit from Hale Groves yesterday -- really high quality fruit, website was very easy to use, shipping and prices were reasonable.

Jason Perlow, Co-Founder eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters

Foodies who Review South Florida (Facebook) | offthebroiler.com - Food Blog (archived) | View my food photos on Instagram

Twittter: @jperlow | Mastodon @jperlow@journa.host

• 12 years later...

Any updates to this topic? I've been thinking about ordering some tangelos/honeybells but the place my mother used to use has gone out of business. I'm looking for someplace to replace them.

I'll probably order some grapefruit too.

Despite the weather horrors I would check California. Yes i am a Cali girl but really we have great fruit. https://www.thepacker.com/article/california-citrus-growers-anticipate-good-2018-19-season    http://www.pearsonranch.com/citrus.html

Edited by heidih (log)