• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

burger and a beer. maybe some chicken wings

tommy

Tommy if you want a real good burger talk to drnuke (my husband) he cooks up a mean burger! Catch him fast before we move. :biggrin: I generally hate most burgers but his are very tasty he uses ?? buffalo or bison or something ?? for the meat base and then garlic and onions or something? I have no idea but it tastes real good!

Did you ever find a great burger place close to River Vale - I'd like to try it before we move to the DC area.

Psst wanna buy a big beautiful house - Ctr Hall Col in River Vale? <--shameless plug. :blink::laugh:

Stacey C-Anonymouze@aol.com

*Censorship ends in logical completeness when nobody is allowed to read any books except the books that nobody reads!-G. B. SHAW

JUST say NO... to CENSORSHIP*!

Also member of LinkedIn, Erexchange and DonRockwell.

edited because i thought it was a reference to nitrous, in which case i figured hitmanoo could just bring it along.  so, nevermind.

oh, and, the burger at Brady's at the Station in Ramsey is pretty bad.  :sad:

Yeah, it was a reference to nitrous. I just can't spell worth a (fill in the blank with your favorite expression for an idiot).

Tommy if you want a real good burger talk to drnuke (my husband) he cooks up a mean burger! Catch him fast before we move.  :biggrin: I generally hate most burgers but his are very tasty he uses ?? buffalo or bison or something ?? for the meat base and then garlic and onions or something? I have no idea but it tastes real good!

Did you ever find a great burger place close to River Vale - I'd like to try it before we move to the DC area.

Psst wanna buy a big beautiful house - Ctr Hall Col in River Vale? <--shameless plug.  :blink:  :laugh:

What's the commute to the city like? :biggrin:

• 4 weeks later...

I am partial to the Iron Horse burger myself, but I am prejudices as I worked there on and off for 5 years. They did win the Record's Best Burger in Bergen County a bunch of times and I believe their apps are some of the best casual apps around! While I haven't tried the combo the Steakhouse in Maywood on Essex definitely looked like a place to get a good beer and a burger. Or sneak over the border into rockland and come to the place I am at in Blauvelt on Erie st, Bailey's. Off of 303

Fink

The best part of the Guiniea Pig? The Cheeks! Definately the cheeks!!

Tommy if you want a real good burger talk to drnuke (my husband) he cooks up a mean burger! Catch him fast before we move.  :biggrin: I generally hate most burgers but his are very tasty he uses ?? buffalo or bison or something ?? for the meat base and then garlic and onions or something? I have no idea but it tastes real good!

Psst wanna buy a big beautiful house - Ctr Hall Col in River Vale? <--shameless plug.  :blink:  :laugh:

What's the commute to the city like? :biggrin:

to answer you: 30 - 45 min by bus/train! LOL Email or PM me for details!

the Steakhouse in Maywood on Essex and Ironhorse Westwood NJ [Finker99]

I've heard good stuff about the Steakhouse in Maywood but have never been there myself! I went to the Ironhorse years ago with my sister but wasn't impressed. Maybe I had an off day or they did, I've only heard good things about them too.

Edited by Anonymouze (log)

*Censorship ends in logical completeness when nobody is allowed to read any books except the books that nobody reads!-G. B. SHAW

I am partial to the Iron Horse burger myself, but I am prejudices as I worked there on and off for 5 years. They did win the Record's Best Burger in Bergen County a bunch of times and I believe their apps are some of the best casual apps around! While I haven't tried the combo the Steakhouse in Maywood on Essex definitely looked like a place to get a good beer and a burger.  Or sneak over the border into rockland and come to the place I am at in Blauvelt on Erie st, Bailey's. Off of 303

Fink

Darn, we forgot to try the burger when we checked out Fink's new kitchen: Bailey's Blauvelt Inn and (soon to be) Smokehouse. Next time. Although I think several people in this thread will make it over there (in the next, hmm, 3 days? :wink:) and let us know how it is.

I surely do hope that someone posts about BLAUVELT in the NY forum. :biggrin: Some of us folks in NJ may be easily confused or maybe not! :raz: Anyhow Tommy let us know with the appropriate link from here if need be. Thanks, you're always such a doll. P.S. If you head on over to Maywood let us know too.

I always see the Elm Street Grill in Oakland advertised in the local papers. I see that they have a Martini night on Thursdays and live entertainment on the weekends. Has anyone been there recently and/or tried their burgers?

Tommy have you tried that pub on Kinderkamack yet Davey's Locker ? I was thinking of heading there for an early supper on Tuesday before Mah Jong... since I've lived up here and never been in yet, you game, maybe other Eg's want to go too? :biggrin: Y'all can always PM me if you want to also.

http://www.daveyspub.com/

Looks interesting. They have burgers, beers, wings and also RIBS! :cool:

Edited by Anonymouze (log)

Just a fast update. We went to Davey's and I had the hangar steak and it was made just right. Hubby and I shared an appetizer and got their ham, potato and cheese soup which was decidely different but very tasty. Jeff got the bangers 'n' mash. It came with sweet potato fries (choice of potato) and I asked for steak sauce, though it didn't really need it. Anyhow, I dipped the steak being a creature of habit. The staff was friendly and warm and I would go back again! Also, if they had a few more selections on their menu it wouldn't hurt!

• 3 weeks later...

Ok, we've been down this route before and here's our choices and they don't include shortways, kirkers or anything in ridgewood....

* Porterhouse in Montvale almost to the boarder of NY state past Davey's Locker...definately pass this joint....keep going about 1 more mile north. We are in Ridgewood and it's worth the 15 minute drive. Cops definately hang out as you come out. food is excellent and so are the martinis

* Brick House bar area, Wyckoff. martini, burger very good

* Harvest in Closter, GREAT bar for drinks and meeting people, not bad on the burger/food

The Barn in Wyckoff, off the beaten path recommendation, the bar is a wooden fence people sit on no bar stools/chairs. GREAT martinis and burgers

Finnegans in Westwood (NOT the IRON HORSE....please) good burger, martinis are good, people are friendly at the bar

hope that helps

• 10 months later...

We had awesome burgers and beers(belgian) at JD's steak pit on main street in fort lee. dont be discouraged by the decor which is stuck in the 70's (i kind of love that though), and the "old man bar vibe" up front (i kind of love that too), they have a super cute garden in the back with umbrellas, the burger was great (real meat) and the vibe was quiet and cool. It was early when we went, like 6pm-ish when we got there. yum yum, good fries too, cant believe I've lived here for so long and never went in. It's going to be a regular stop for us this summer.