• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Sufganiot

Curlz

I'm certain that there must be a good Jewish (or Kosher) bakery in W. Orange or Livingston that will have these for sale this weekend...any specific recs are greatly appreciated, as my dad wants to have them "for the kinder" on Sunday night. :biggrin:

Thanks!

"I'm not eating it...my tongue is just looking at it!" --My then-3.5 year-old niece, who was NOT eating a piece of gum

"Wow--this is a fancy restaurant! They keep bringing us more water and we didn't even ask for it!" --My 5.75 year-old niece, about Bread Bar

"He's jumped the flounder, as you might say."

In W. Orange, there's a kosher bakery in the shopping center at the corner of Eagle Rock and Pleasant Valley Way. Try there.

There's also a bagel place in Springfield on Mountain Ave (I can't remember the name) that might carry them.

"Some people see a sheet of seaweed and want to be wrapped in it. I want to see it around a piece of fish."-- William Grimes

"People are bastard-coated bastards, with bastard filling." - Dr. Cox on Scrubs

Thanks for the suggestions! The Eagle Rock Ave location is a lot more convenient for us, but good to know about Butterflake too. :wink:

"I'm not eating it...my tongue is just looking at it!" --My then-3.5 year-old niece, who was NOT eating a piece of gum

"Wow--this is a fancy restaurant! They keep bringing us more water and we didn't even ask for it!" --My 5.75 year-old niece, about Bread Bar

I'm a big fan of Butterflake. They do a cinnamon raisin bread and honey rugelach that are quite good.

"Some people see a sheet of seaweed and want to be wrapped in it. I want to see it around a piece of fish."-- William Grimes

"People are bastard-coated bastards, with bastard filling." - Dr. Cox on Scrubs

Keep meaning to say thanks again for the recs...the place on Eagle Rock and Pleasant Valley was perfectly situated for us, and Dad made the run on Sunday morning. Picture two nieces and a nephew on a major sugar buzz (this following the gift buzz, of course)...! :wink: