• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

buche de noel

I'm looking for a buche for boxing day or christmas. We used to get one from Essential, but they are not making them for the holiday. Is there another bakery out there that is making them this season?

Thanks.

I have a relatively uninteresting life unless you like travel and food. Read more about it here.

I was just at North Hill Bakery (15th Ave E on Capitol Hill) and they had a lovely buche de Noel in the front case. It was the small ($22) and they also make a large for $45. Call now if you're interested. It looked great, and all the pies, cakes, and cookies I've eaten there have had great homemade flavor.

Hungry Monkey May 2009

Thank you all.

I called Le Panier after I went and saw Le Fournil's version which was more about mousse and less about buche.

I'll head down there on Saturday am to pick up.

I think I'll leave the one at Bartell's alone though. :biggrin:

I was in Paris a week or so ago, I'll have to readjust my trip schedule so that I can bring back a Pierre Herme one for next year.

lalala

I have a relatively uninteresting life unless you like travel and food. Read more about it here.

This afternoon, while headed to Third Place Books (a *great* place for painless last-minute Christmas shopping, btw), I spotted a sign at the Ballinger Thriftway:

We have Buche de Noel.

I'd actually trust them to do a fine job, as their resident baker is excellent.

Pg,

That is a great Thriftway! Thank you for the tip (ha) and reminding me that I should stop by there when I go visit my friends on Boxing Day.

Great seafood counter too, IIRC.

Happy Holidays.

Will report back on quality of buche from Le Panier.

lalala