• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Chez Bru (Eygalieres)

Vine

It is very good but not as serious as their more upscale restaurant around the corner. The Bistro of Eygalieres. We base ourselves in that village.

Sharing food with another human being is an intimate act that should not be indulged in lightly....MFK Fisher

It is very good but not as serious as their more upscale restaurant around the corner. The Bistro of Eygalieres. We base ourselves in that village.

Cigalechanta, can you describe Chez Bru in more detail for us. We, if fact, looked for it this spring when we wanted a light meal, but could find only the Bistro which we had already visited, leaving us to believe that "Chez Bru" was merely the endearment for the main restaurant. Did we miss something?

eGullet member #80.

The Bistro Eygalieres is subtitled "Chez Bru"and is a true gastronomic destination with nice accommodations upstairs. I think the confusion is because of this "double naming" compounded by the existence of their much more modest "Le Petit Bru" just around the corner. The Michelin starred "Bistro Eygalieres/Chez Bru" is a fine restaurant, while "Le Petit Bru" which bills itself a restaurant is much more like a small, casual bistro with a menu this fall of €35 which included wine. We enjoyed both places and had a very nice suite upstairs. Our dinner at Bistro Eygalieres was excellent, but cost about €125 per person.

Sorry, I meant to say Petite Bru. It's around the corner of the Café Progres. Chez Bru is the bistro de Eygalieres. Bru is the chef/owner.

I have the menu from the Bistro.

Edited by cigalechanta (log)

Sharing food with another human being is an intimate act that should not be indulged in lightly....MFK Fisher

We ate there a few years ago--perhaps even more than a few. It may have already had a star. I say "it" as there was only one restaurant at the time and I think they had only just begun to rent rooms. We had lunch and reservations for a hotel elsewhere at the time. It was quite nice and very promising. It's good to hear they've been successful.

Robert Buxbaum

WorldTable

Recent WorldTable posts include: comments about reporting on Michelin stars in The NY Times, the NJ proposal to ban foie gras, Michael Ruhlman's comments in blogs about the NJ proposal and Bill Buford's New Yorker article on the Food Network.

My mailbox is full. You may contact me via worldtable.com.