• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

ISO: Indian Buffet in DC for Lunch

Soup

Nirvana is at 1810 K St; I don't know if they have a buffet or not.

The only Indian buffet I can think of is Polo Indian Club (or whatever) on Connecticut and S, and I don't much love it.

I'm on the pavement

Thinking about the government.

Mehak is really close but no buffet. I have had lunch there many times and the food is really good.

Nirvana is a bit of walk. Polo Club, I got to get on a metro for and I really don't care for there food. So it looks like I have to widen my search. How about a couple of metro stops? Does that increase my options?

I miss the many choice of good places (indian buffet wise) that I had in the burbs. There has to be some decent ones near by.

Soup

I think the Ascot has a pretty good buffet at lunch but, alas, it's on 17th & L Street, NW. We have a rather multi-national office and I've often dined there with people from India who really like and it's close to the blue line (Farragut West) on 17th and I.

Inside me there is a thin woman screaming to get out, but I can usually keep the Bitch quiet: with CHOCOLATE!!!