• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Coffee too Strong?

SG-

I am so glad to find I am doing it right. I have a 2 tablespoon coffee scoop. I usually make 12 oz. at a time, with 2 heaping 2 T scoops. Delicious.

Has anyone tried Costco in-store roasted coffee? I have ordered from the best named roasters across the country and none compete.

Its just so fresh. Their house blend is amazing.

I prefer darker roasts, but even for me Starbucks is overroasted.

-Becca

www.porterhouse.typepad.com

"Strength" should be approached from multiple angles; especially by people who really want to understand coffee...

Also, I'd someday like to hear less people state that their cups of coffee are merely "strong cups", and "caffeine kicks"? There's more to coffee than that.

ahh... too right, SL28ave. perhaps we should have asked the original poster what was it that made them feel the coffee was "too strong."

SG-? still out there?

Just interesting fact:

Whether Starbucks coffee is strong or not, the brand has been going strong even in Korea.

Last year when I visited Korea, I was surprised by numerous Starbucks chains all over Seoul. It took over most of traditional coffee shops there already. Many Koreans used to drink coffee like tea (i.e., make very light coffee so that you can see the bottom of the cup and add no sugar/milk) or make coffee with ample sugar and cream. Now, Koreans consider Starbucks coffee as A rate coffee. Power of marketing can change people's taste...