• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Excellent flavor combinations

Wendy DeBord

rosemary and orange - especially orange peel

Lovely combination.

I often buy whole guinea hens at the Mexican supermarket and I loosen the skin, tuck orange peel and a couple of small sprigs of rosemary under the skin, and stuff some inside with half a lemon, and roast slowly in a pot sealed with dough.

The flavor gently permeates the fowl, without becoming overpowering, and the drippings are a wonderful base for a very flavorful gravy.

"There are, it has been said, two types of people in the world. There are those who say: this glass is half full. And then there are those who say: this glass is half empty. The world belongs, however, to those who can look at the glass and say: What's up with this glass? Excuse me? Excuse me? This is my glass? I don't think so. My glass was full! And it was a bigger glass!" Terry Pratchett

• 9 months later...

I know I'm really late to this, but it's such a great thread, why not bump again?

A few quick combos I don't think I've seen:

blackberry + cinnamon

peach + creaminess + lime

spice cake + blueberries (+ cream cheese frosting, of course)