• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Bruno Loubet

Bruno? Bruno who? What city? What food? Why don't we know anything about this chap?

Hmmm... where's Bruno...

"Coffee and cigarettes... the breakfast of champions!"

I'v never heard of Bruno eithr but I hear that berardo'ss is quiet something in Queensland.

Cheers,

Stephen

Vancouver

Edited by SBonner (log)

"who needs a wine list when you can get pissed on dessert" Gordon Ramsey Kitchen Nightmares 2005

MY BLOG

Was a relatively high profile chef in London in the mid-90s. Cooked at L'Odeon and Bistro Bruno, published a cookbook. Middling * food and decent notices, if I recall, but a bit before my time.

Didn't know he'd resurfaced

Ta

J

Bruno is quite famous in Australia or at least Queensland as he is a former Michelin-starred chef. He had a wonderful restaurant in Brisbane. It was a fine dining French style restaurant which I believe was quite successful but would have been fairly tough going in Brisbane. I imagine Berardo's will give him a lot more scope due to the dining dollars available in Noosa. If anyone has eaten at Restaurant Atelier in Sydney, the chef, Darren Templeman used to work with Bruno in London.