• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Cream topped Cake

Geetha

Any ideas to make this topping there also some information about it here

webpage and here

Actually I don't know the desserts name I loved it the only time I had at a reception banquet please help :wub:

I have looked for the likes of it all over the place I am entrusting this to anyone who can take a guess :smile:

(edited by host nightscotsman to fix broken link)

Edited by nightscotsman (log)

it may just be the German authors interpretation of the word glaze, not filling

"Chocolate has no calories....

Chocolate is food for the soul, The soul has no weight, therefore no calories" so said a customer, a lovely southern woman, after consuming chocolate indulgence

SWEET KARMA DESSERTS

www.sweetkarmadesserts.com

550 East Meadow Ave. East meadow, NY 11554

516-794-4478

Brian Fishman

it may just be the German authors  interpretation of the word glaze, not filling

I was actually referring to the cream topping, I think the cream topping is mixed with this flavour giving liquid (which is also used to glaze the dessert) called ripples by the company I was wondering if the product is also called by other names here

I'm not interested in the glaze at all :raz: only the cream topping although glaze might take to another level :rolleyes:

I am looking seriously for any commercially available product close to this dessert, I think it is like ice cream over a dense cake or cookie crumble :sad: I don't know exactly

yes it is a mousse, but made of cream only no egg whites.

I couldn't correct the link above so here it is this page

Thank you all for answering

Geetha

For a simple whipped cream-based fruit mousse, just add melted gelatin well before the soft peak stage and then fold in fruit puree. I make this all the time and it is dead easy.

Baker of "impaired" cakes...

For a simple whipped cream-based fruit mousse, just add melted gelatin well before the soft peak stage and then fold in fruit puree. I make this all the time and it is dead easy.

Ok seems fairly simple I will try making this. Although this is a healthy approach I would like to try out the other flavourings the site mentions too. Is there a good place I can get it from online or otherwise,

edited: it means other flavours

Edited by Geetha (log)

I wanted to add that I had this in US so I guess all of the materials are available here, I'm ok with some variations to the taste which I can remember to be very mild flavour but enough to be different from plain whipped cream

Okay I admit I did have had a clue all along that it is whipped cream and flavoured with something but I've been wondering what the flavouring is or rather how I can get the flavourings in US

thanks for your help :smile:

This thread should be helpful for the gelatin technique. I usually use approx. two sheets of gelatin per cup of unwhipped cream, but it depends on personal taste and the desired stiffness. You can use the equivalent amount of powdered gelatin.

The flavors can consist of any strained fruit puree you like, either from fresh or frozen fruit or from a canned or frozen puree (mango, etc.).

For an easy chocolate mousse, you can make a whipped chocolate ganache (chocolate melted in cream then whipped). No gelatin is needed, although white chocolate benefits from gelatin to stiffen it up.

Baker of "impaired" cakes...

The product looks like a cross between pie filling and jam mixed into whipped cream....

to me at least

tracey

The great thing about barbeque is that when you get hungry 3 hours later....you can lick your fingers

Maxine

Avoid cutting yourself while slicing vegetables by getting someone else to hold them while you chop away.

"It is the government's fault, they've eaten everything."

My Webpage

garden state motorcyle association