• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

HELP! Need chocolate this weekend.

annachan

I'm making candies the weekend and I DON"T HAVE MY CHOCOLATE. :wacko: To make the long story short, the place I ordered (Spun Sugar in Berkeley) from did not receive their shipment.

So, does anyone have any idea where I can pick up:

10+lb each of milk and semisweet chocolate disks (don't want to deal w/ blocks this year) that is of similar quality to Guittard for a reasonable price (around $4 or so a lb) somewhere in the Bay Area

I would prefer San Francisco or the Peinsula, but I'm willing to cross a bridge or two if I have to.

Thank you!

Scharffen Berger chocolate has a store in the Ferry Building that sells large blocks of chocolate. Dunno what kinds of retail places would sell the pistoles in the quantity you needed. Maybe a rush order from Chef's Warehouse or some other online source?

Devin

Edited by devinf (log)

Qzina has Callebaut darn cheap. They deliver to my area once a week.

If you're talking about the quality of regular Guittard you may want to just run down to Trader Joe's and grab a bundle of their pound plus bars.

If you're looking for the quality of E. Guittard you'll be hard pressed to find anything in the $4 range.

Thank you so much for all your help! Unfortunately, both Pacific Gourmet and Qzina are only open on weekdays and I won't be able to even talk to someone live to see what they have available until Monday. So, I will just have to pay more this year and buy many smaller bags this year. BUT, I will definitely keep these two places in mind for my next big order.

Happy Holidays! :raz:

Thank you so much for all your help! Unfortunately, both Pacific Gourmet and Qzina are only open on weekdays and I won't be able to even talk to someone live to see what they have available until Monday. So, I will just have to pay more this year and buy many smaller bags this year. BUT, I will definitely keep these two places in mind for my next big order.

Happy Holidays! :raz:

I'm sure you've already thought of this, but what about the Guittard outlet store in San Leandro?

I'm sure you've already thought of this, but what about the Guittard outlet store in San Leandro?

Just came back from getting the chocolate.....Guittard Outlet? Didn't know it exist.....I did a google search on Guittard last night and didn't even see the outlet store....I'll have to check it out, just in case I'm short on chocolate. Thanks!

If you're looking for the quality of E. Guittard you'll be hard pressed to find anything in the $4 range.

The chocolate disks Spun Sugar quoted me @ $3.50/lb for the 11 lb box are E. Guittard. That's why I was hoping that they got their shipment. Even the store was running out of their stock of chocolate for their own chocolate truffles.

FYI http://www.guittard.com

San Francisco Location

Guittard Chocolate Company

10 Guittard Road

Burlingame, CA 94010

Phone: 1-650-697-4427

Fairfield Distribution Center

Guittard Chocolate Company

2701 Guittard Way

Fairfield, CA 94533

Phone: 1-707-399-9977

General Phone Number: 1-800-468-2462