• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

FAGE (Fa'-yeh!) Total Greek Yogurt

adegiulio

P.s. if you are an aussie and wondering which one I am talking about - it is Dairy Farmers European Yogurt - it has been awarded the winner of the Grand Dairy Awards Grand Champion Dairy Product a few years in a row.

I like Chris' better.

P.s. if you are an aussie and wondering which one I am talking about - it is Dairy Farmers European Yogurt - it has been awarded the winner of the Grand Dairy Awards Grand Champion Dairy Product a few years in a row.

I like Chris' better.

Yeah Chris' is damn good but it has a fatty aftertaste/feeling on the palate which I don't appreciate.

10% fat content is just a touch too much for me for yogurt I think ! (not that I eat it by the tub at a time :raz: )

Edited by infernooo (log)

Has anyone else noticed the nutritional information? Why does this brand of yogurt have so much more protein than any other brand I've come across?

It's because the water of the whey has been strained from the yogurt, which concentrates yogurt and the proteins.

In regards to the feta, I personally like it because it's moist and not dry and crumbly like alot of feta in the US marketplace. But that's just me, I prefer that type of texture.

I like Chris' better.

Yeah Chris' is damn good but it has a fatty aftertaste/feeling on the palate which I don't appreciate.

10% fat content is just a touch too much for me for yogurt I think ! (not that I eat it by the tub at a time :raz: )

I hadn't noticed that, although my sister once exclaimed upon opening my fridge "You have full fat yoghurt and skinny milk.. what a contradiction!"

I eat it in fairly small amounts usually. A spoonful or two with some fruit and honey is my ideal. I do cook with it too occasionally.