• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Stir the Pot: History of Cajun Cuisine

• 2 weeks later...

I feel very lucky. Not only did I get the book for Christmas, I scored Marcelle as a guest speaker! I contacted her about a possible speaking engagement and then found out she was well out of our price range. She later phoned me and offered to do it at no charge! She said she was feeling in the Christmas spirit. I can't wait to meet her and hear her.

Dear Food: I hate myself for loving you.

I feel very lucky. Not only did I get the book for Christmas, I scored Marcelle as a guest speaker! I contacted her about a possible speaking engagement and then found out she was well out of our price range. She later phoned me and offered to do it at no charge! She said she was feeling in the Christmas spirit. I can't wait to meet her and hear her.

She's great. You are guaranteed to have fun.

And, if you can arrange it, she's even more fun after a couple of Bloody Marys. You might want to have a pitcher handy.

Brooks Hamaker, aka "Mayhaw Man"

There's a train everyday, leaving either way...

She's great. You are guaranteed to have fun.

And, if you can arrange it, she's even more fun after a couple of Bloody Marys. You might want to have a pitcher handy.

Brooks, do you mind if I quote you on that? I'm meeting her next week and thought I'd throw your name around. :wink:

• 1 month later...

Marcelle was even more charming than I imagined. She's knowledgable, witty, and a good storyteller. Marcelle, if you're reading this, thank you so much for taking the time to speak to us. It was a privilege and a pleasure.

Marcelle was even more charming than I imagined. She's knowledgable, witty, and a good storyteller. Marcelle, if you're reading this, thank you so much for taking the time to speak to us. It was a privilege and a pleasure.

Why thank you Patti! You've made my day. The audience was a good one and it's always fun telling people about our culture and cuisine. I hope you invite me again.