• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Restaurant Near Miami Airport

sabg

i am new to fl and live in the boca area. i have a client coming into miami airport on a friday evening. we would like to meet for dinner before they conitinue on to key largo that same evening.....any ideas on good food, atrractive atmosphere and not too far out of the way (at this point i dont know what the immediate area around the ariport is like)cuban would be great in an attrractive atmosphere

thanks

susan

Cafe Abbraci in Coral Gables isn't too far from the airport (and you can search for other restaurants in that general area - it's a nice area). Note that it's kind of a formal restaurant (at least formal for Miami). It is a little out of the way in terms of a direct shot from MIA to Key Largo - but not terribly out of the way. The immediate area around the airport is kind of crummy in my opinion. Robyn

The best Cuban food anywhere near the airport is Versailles, but the atmosphere is not one I would call attractive. If you really want Cuban, this is probably the best place. There is good Cuban on the beach, but probably very inconvenient on a Friday night when traveling from the airport to Key Largo. The address is 3555 SW Eighth St.

Of the restaurants in Miami I consider great, the closest two are probably the Palme d'Or in the Biltmore Hotel and Azul. Both will probably be 20-30 minutes from the airport if traffic is not bad. The Palme d'Or is French, small plates, an excellent restaurant. Azul is fantastic and will probably be twice as much as the Palme d'Or, but well worth it if you want to spend it. Both are in beautiful hotels and locations.

The addresses are:

500 Brickell Key Dr - Azul

1200 Anastasia Ave - Palme d'Or

adrienne

"God give us good taste, why bother?" Captain Jim's Sushi Chef

The closest area with a density of good restaurants is Coral Gables. It's not far from the airport (5 to 10 minutes without traffic). Cafe Abracci, Ortanique, Pascal's, Cacao. Of those, Ortanique and Cacao have the Latin/Caribbean influence.

The closest area with a density of good restaurants is Coral Gables.  It's not far from the airport (5 to 10 minutes without traffic).  Cafe Abracci, Ortanique, Pascal's, Cacao.  Of those, Ortanique and Cacao have the Latin/Caribbean influence.

WIth traffic it can run 30-40 minutes. experience talking here. :laugh:

It is good to be a BBQ Judge.  And now it is even gooder to be a Steak Cookoff Association Judge.  Life just got even better.  Woo Hoo!!!

One place you might want to try that's only 10 minutes from the airport (really!) is Casa Larios. Decent, solid Cuban food in a nice, contemporary atmosphere, and the prices are reasonable. In spite of the fact and Gloria and Emilio Estefan are part owners of the place, the food is what keeps people coming back.

Casa Larios

7705 W Flagler St.

(305) 266-5494