• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Mini Italian "bundt cakes"

I haven't figured out how to get pictures into the posting (if anyone can help me, please do!). You can see a photo of them here. They're the dark tall cakes in the middle of the rows.

Edited by ulterior epicure (log)

“Watermelon - it’s a good fruit. You eat, you drink, you wash your face.”

Italian tenor Enrico Caruso (1873-1921)

ulteriorepicure.com

My flickr account

ulteriorepicure@gmail.com

I haven't figured out how to get pictures into the posting (if anyone can help me, please do!). You can see a photo of them here.  They're the dark tall cakes in the middle of the rows.

Upload the photo into your album. Click on the thumbnail so it appears full size. On the bottom right you'll see a phrase, "click for actual URL." Click and the link will appear. Copy it by highlighting and right-clicking "copy." Go to your post and click on IMG and then paste the link. Preview post and the photo should appear. Good luck.

Ilene

It is probablly part of the thread Beanie linked above, but there is a detailed recipe for making canneles in Paula Wolfert's "Slow Mediterranean Cooking".

"Under the dusty almond trees, ... stalls were set up which sold banana liquor, rolls, blood puddings, chopped fried meat, meat pies, sausage, yucca breads, crullers, buns, corn breads, puff pastes, longanizas, tripes, coconut nougats, rum toddies, along with all sorts of trifles, gewgaws, trinkets, and knickknacks, and cockfights and lottery tickets."

-- Gabriel Garcia Marquez, 1962 "Big Mama's Funeral"