• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Pictorial: Secret Salt Baked Chicken

hzrt8w

Well... how can you do a good chopping job if your MIL insists to place the chopping block ON THE FLOOR and you have to kneel down to do it... because FIL thinks chopping chicken on the kitchen counter will ruin the ceramic tiles?   :sad:  :laugh:  :laugh:

Gosh, it's must be like some kinda Chinese-genetic-memory-DNA-meme-thingy. My mum always chops poultry ON THE FLOOR too! Says that she doesn't want to loosen the counter top :biggrin:

Me? I can't squat for jack!

My family must be pretty backwards then :laugh:

Mum used to chop that way too (a long long time past) but daddy got upset and said that she'll have back problems and so he basically banned doing anything on the floor that involves bending your back...

Musings and Morsels - a film and food blog

http://musingsandmorsels.weebly.com/