• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Fresh Pasta Eatery in Toronto

dhparker

Hello,

My wife and I used to love this Italian restaurant that cooked fresh home-made pasta back in our home town. Is there a good place in Toronto?

Every italian place we've been to only seems to serve the dried stuff..

Nothing like some fresh fettucine!

Thanks,

Dave

Hello,

My wife and I used to love this Italian restaurant that cooked fresh home-made pasta back in our home town.  Is there a good place in Toronto?

Thanks,

Dave

Go to Mistura on Davenport. Massimo is probably the best authentic Italian chef in Toronto.

Hello,

My wife and I used to love this Italian restaurant that cooked fresh home-made pasta back in our home town.  Is there a good place in Toronto?

Thanks,

Dave

Go to Mistura on Davenport. Massimo is probably the best authentic Italian chef in Toronto.

Ide have to disagree, although mistura is good, it doesnt compare to Romania Mia(SP?) for Italian fare.

Hello,

Thanks,

Dave

Ide have to disagree, although mistura is good, it doesnt compare to Romania Mia(SP?) for Italian fare.

Thanks for all the tips - I'll check some of these places out ASAP!

Dave

How can people give generalized advice if they don't seem to know the difference between fresh/homemade pasta and pasta served in commercially driven Italian restaurants that just have a trendy name? The taste of home-made, authentically made pasta will jump at you, if you know what I mean. Fresh pasta is a misnomer; if you think that the "fresh pasta" sold in packages at Loblaws is fresh pasta, well...it might be a small step-up from the dried ones, but nothing like a home-made type with the right flour/semolina. Even some better dried pasta from Italy tastes better than the "fresh pasta" sold in packages in Ontario.

OK- Fresh pasta in a restaurant in Toronto: the best and bar none is to be found at Da Roberto, in Nobleton. His wife makes it every day, day in and day out- it's all fresh except the gnochi (which they tell you about). Actually, it's outside Toronto, a 30 mins drive near Kleinburg, but worth it.

For excellent Italian fare, home-made also, try Alta Rossa in Woodbridge, open on week-ends only on Jevlan Dr.

Da Roberto used to be at Mastro Robero, which is still respectable, but a notch down since Roberto sold it last year and moved up north to Nobleton.

Has anyone been to Da Roberto or Mastro Roberto (when Roberto was there), Speak-up!

"I hate people who are not serious about their meals." Oscar Wilde