• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Sangiorgio's Italian Bistro

Rosie

We had delicious dinner at Sangiorgio's Italian Bistro, 86 Boonton Avenue, Kinnelon; BYO. Started off with bruschetta topped with chopped tomatoes and warm Italian bread. Appetizers were a tremendous whole stuffed artichoke filled with bread stuffing and cheese surrounded by a garlicky butter sauce, and a hardy escarole and bean soup. I loved my entrée of perfectly cooked grilled shrimp with cannellini beans, diced tomato and spinach. Lowell had two tender pork chops on the bone in a balsamic demi-glace topped with sauteed peppers, onions, and mushrooms. We brought one home as the portions are big here. The chef/owner is Rosario Sangiorgio previously from Foro Italico, Elmwood Park. His wife Lucia took baking classes at Johnson and Wales and her crepe filled with chocolate almond mousse is a “must try.” We also devoured the apple-caramel pie. For reservations call 973-492-5305.

Rosalie Saferstein, aka "Rosie"

TABLE HOPPING WITH ROSIE

How do you do it ???

tracey

:biggrin:

The great thing about barbeque is that when you get hungry 3 hours later....you can lick your fingers

Maxine

Avoid cutting yourself while slicing vegetables by getting someone else to hold them while you chop away.

"It is the government's fault, they've eaten everything."

My Webpage

garden state motorcyle association

I have had 5 meals since Wednesday night. Some snacks too. Additionally about 2 glasses of wine.

And that was just lunch TODAY! :laugh:

"I'm not eating it...my tongue is just looking at it!" --My then-3.5 year-old niece, who was NOT eating a piece of gum

"Wow--this is a fancy restaurant! They keep bringing us more water and we didn't even ask for it!" --My 5.75 year-old niece, about Bread Bar

"He's jumped the flounder, as you might say."

Sounds great and not too far from home. Is it family oriented or more grown up?

"There are people who strictly deprive themselves of each and every eatable, drinkable, and smokable which has in any way acquired a shady reputation. They pay this price for health. And health is all they get for it. How strange it is. It is like paying out your whole fortune for a cow that has gone dry." - Mark Twain

"Please pass the bacon." - Me

How do you do it ???

tracey

:biggrin:

LOL!!

I'm always in training---for eating that is.

Give us some hints...I'm still full from Wednesday night!

Dana

Welcome to the neighborhood....I agree about Bernies bagels, love the veggie ones!

It is hard to find a good place in Allendale to eat but here's my take on all the places I've tried...

The pasta place in the middle of town is no better than diner food...avoid.

Flirt has a more interesting menu on the whole than Masa. We had sushi at Masa that was not the freshest and they played the worst loud music

The little asian place next to the A & p had very good chinese food I think...and that is hard to come by here in NJ. I'm a native NY er.

The mexican place in that same shopping center used to be good, great guacomole they make at the table!! Haven't been in awhile though but try it.

Savini is ok, nothing I would run to although they get quite a crowd that obviously love it. Maybe its the atmosphere.

Well, you've been here since the summer so maybe you've gotten to try all these by now.