• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Food and Non-alcoholic Drink Pairings

Susan in FL

As a kid, my favorite pairing was a tuna fish sandwich on white bread, sliced diagonally, with orange soda. The twist was that I *dunked* the sandwich into the soda. (I still remember the nice color the bread turned....).

Now, I've brought the combo up whenever the conversation has turned to "gross/unusual food combinations" but really haven't TRIED it in 45+ years but that's only because I don't buy orange soda much anymore (save for the Stewart's Orange N' Cream occassionally) and I usually will have tuna on a hardroll or wheat bread, but someday things are gonna all come together...

PS - Just went to the Stewart's site to check the name of the Orange N' Cream- they make a Peach soda? Never saw that on the shelves... now have to add another "must have/try" soda to the list...

http://www.drinkstewarts.com/flavors.html

Ting and a jamaican patty on coco bread.

French fries and gravy with diet Pepsi.

Both habits began in high school and exist to this day. Hmmm, lunchtime is coming!

Barbara Laidlaw aka "Jake"

Good friends help you move, real friends help you move bodies.