• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Where to buy chocolate?

SweetSide

Hi, I'm just starting out at home (trying to anyway) in the pastry business and I'm looking for a place to buy good chocolate for reasonable prices. $16 / pound retail just ain't going to cut it for me.

Does anyone have any good sources. Not looking for vast quantities, but good prices from reputable sources (online?) for 11 lb blocks or boxes of pistoles.

Cheryl, The Sweet Side

I like surfasonline.com for my 11 lb bars and cocoa powder.

"A few days ago, I heard a doctor talking on television about the dangers of stress. It can kill you. It can cause a heart attack or stroke. The doctor listed many ways of coping with stress. Exercise. Diet Yoga. Talk a walk. I yelled, "Bake cookies." I often talk to the television. I yelled it again and again. The doctor went on with his list of 12 ways to reduce stress and he never once mentioned my sure-fire treatment......"

Maida Heatter